Personalized Outdoor Retreats
“Be still and know I am God …”
A new response to our pandemic lifestyle!
Welcome to this exciting project which we have called “Meditation Pod.” The name summarizes our simple intention: Meditation = active rediscovery of God’s presence, friendship, & love. Pod = the outdoors.
We created offline retreat programs to break the online fatigue most working adults are experiencing. With retreat centers closed, the outdoors is an ideal location for prayer!
Offline & Outdoor Retreat Programs:
1) Monthly Morning Reflection
Once a month, join our socially distant reflection @ Granite Bay State Park from 9am – 11:30am. Led by Sr. Karla Felix-Rivera, VDMF.
2) Personalized Retreats
Do a retreat on your own terms! We can create a personalized retreat program which offers flexibility and is perfect for solo or small group retreats (3 -5 individuals).
3) Overnight Retreats
Do you need to disconnect completely for a night or a a few days? Getting away is easier than you think! We will be more than happy to design a local and overnight retreat at an inspiring and quiet place where you can disconnect. We cannot over-recommend this option!
Anyone can participate in these meditation experiences!
You do not need to be actively engaged in a parish, church, or faith-affiliated organization.
Contact us anytime if you are not sure which program is right for you.
Let us support you
- Venturing into a spiritual quest can be challenging & daunting.
- We can help you by designing a Scripture-based retreat program which includes a personalized schedule, readings and prayer sessions.
- You choose how much spiritual guidance you need, we are here to support you!
We are qualified to journey by your side
- A Verbum Dei Missionary Sister will assist you before, during and after the retreat, as needed.
- The 4 missionaries in Sacramento have over 20 years of meditation & contemplation experience, frequently guide retreats & accompany adults on their spiritual journeys.
Let’s get started, RSVP today:
By clicking above, you will be directed to a google form. Your responses will helps us begin your retreat preparation!
The Meditation Pod Project is organized by Sr. Karla Felix-Rivera, VDMF.
The Verbum Dei Missionaries in Sacramento are dedicated to spiritual growth programs, retreats, and prayer groups for adults, university students, and married couples.
The Verbum Dei Missionaries are a Catholic international pontifical institute of consecrated life and a 501c3 non-profit organization.
International site: https://verbumdei.org/
National site: https://verbumdeiusa.org/