“Be still and know I am God …”
A new response to our pandemic lifestyle!
Welcome to this exciting project which we have called “Meditation Pod.” The name summarizes our simple intention: Meditation = active rediscovery of God’s presence, friendship, & love. Pod = the outdoors.
We created offline retreat programs to break the online fatigue most working adults are experiencing. With retreat centers closed, the outdoors is an ideal location for prayer!
Offline & Outdoor Retreat Programs:
1) Monthly Morning Meditation
Once a month, join our socially distant group reflection @ Granite Bay State Park from 9am – 11:30am. Led by Sr. Karla Felix-Rivera, VDMF.
2) Personalized Group Retreats
Invite your parish group, family unit, or group of friends to an outdoor retreat! This personalized retreat program can be created for 5 – 15 individuals.
3) Overnight Retreats
Do you need to disconnect completely for a night or a a few days? Getting away is easier than you think! We will be more than happy to design a local and overnight retreat at an inspiring and quiet place where you can disconnect. We cannot over-recommend this option!
Anyone can participate in these meditation experiences!
You do not need to be actively engaged in a parish, church, or faith-affiliated organization.
Contact us anytime if you are not sure which program is right for you.
Let us support you
- Venturing into a spiritual quest can be challenging & daunting.
- We can help you by designing a Scripture-based retreat program which includes a personalized schedule, readings and prayer sessions.
- You choose how much spiritual guidance you need, we are here to support you!
We are qualified to journey by your side
- A Verbum Dei Missionary Sister will assist you before, during and after the retreat, as needed.
- The 4 missionaries in Sacramento have over 20 years of meditation & contemplation experience, frequently guide retreats & accompany adults on their spiritual journeys.
Let’s get started, RSVP today:
By clicking above, you will be directed to a google form. Your responses will helps us begin your retreat preparation!
Sr. Karla Felix-Rivera, VDMF, oversees these programs.
The Verbum Dei Missionaries in Sacramento are dedicated to spiritual growth programs, retreats, and prayer groups for adults, university students, and married couples.
The Verbum Dei Missionaries are a Catholic international pontifical institute of consecrated life and a 501c3 non-profit organization.
International site: https://verbumdei.org/
National site: https://verbumdeiusa.org/